Storage solutions provider GB Labs has launched Unify Hub, which is described as a platform designed to meet the challenges of today’s media production environment. It supports the combining of on-premise and cloud content, facilitating remote production while maintaining data integrity and security.
United Hub manages storage on-site or in the cloud – from GB Labs or other vendors – to ensure a working environment that is simple and fast, providing the tools for maximum productivity from production and post-production artists.
“For most of this year, collaborative production has been impacted,” said Dominic Harland, CEO and CTO at GB Labs. “Content is back to being stored in multiple locations, with all the problems of delays in moving material from place to place, the risk of creating multiple ‘master’ versions, and of course poor security. First and foremost, Unify Hub provides a unified approach to content and metadata. Wherever your material is physically stored, the content you need appears as a single, secure and coherent source. That makes it ideal for high-efficiency collaborative and remote working.”
According to GB Labs, Unify Hub offers “five key pillars of advances” in terms of productivity, connectivity and security:
1. Unify Hub Cloud Mounts: Align the local user permissions with cloud accounts to facilitate single sign-in and simplify the secure access of cloud accounts on-premise.
2. Acceleration: Leverage GB Labs technology to speed up the user experience, as well as reducing costs and saving internet bandwidth.
3. Endpoint: Connect on-premise workspaces to cloud services or remote users.
4. Remote Working: Provide remote workers with a seamless experience, regardless of your location.
5. Virtual Workspaces: Simply select what is needed and securely make available everywhere, instantly.
Through its management structure, Unify Hub allows users and groups to be established for each project. All appropriate cloud accounts can then be accessed through the single sign-on, with pre-authenticated cloud endpoints appearing as SMB storage shares. For system administrators Unify Hub File Manager provides a single pane of glass overview and control; for users their log-in brings all the material they need to their workstation, wherever they are working and the content is stored.